Monday, March 7, 2016

Time Management vs. Branding


This month for my coaching program I was challenged to write down what I do all day after I told my coach Noam Kostucki how overwhelmed I felt.   This lasted about 2 days.  The first day, I was pretty proud as I went from meeting to meeting to meeting but the next day, I went from meeting to paperwork, to emails, to lunch, to picking up a sick kid, to having a surprise meeting, to paying bills, to chatting with my mom, to selling products and then having a drink.  Whoa, that type of chaos made me feel overwhelmed just writing it down.  So yes, I stopped and thought maybe if I just knew what I wanted to do and spend my time doing that I could get help with the rest and maybe just maybe get to feel less depleted.   

In order to draw more focus, I have been seeing a marketing coach weekly at Pathways to hone in on my message.  The comedy is that each week we host a meet up group called Conscious Business Connection where I have to stand up and tell everybody what I do.  Each week, it sounds different and I can promise you that even today only about 10% of the people could convey what I do to someone else.  Am I a director/owner of Pathways Holistic Center?   A reflexologist/ Aromatherapist?   A young living distributor?  The owner of an Apothecary?  The owner of a holistic Cleaning & Construction business?  The founder of a non-profit for Holistic Wellness?  Sounds like a bit of a crazy person when you rattle it off, doesn’t it? 

Most of them see me as the director of pathways and although this is quite a title, I am not sure I even understand what this means to me.  I have been putting blood, sweat, tears and money into Pathways for so long it has become an extension of who I am like my right arm, not so much what I do.  However over the recent months, Pathways is transforming into the place that it was meant to be and again although I kept the doors open and held the space, it is becoming an entity of its own.   Pathways has become a community center for holistic health professionals to meet their clients, start their own businesses and to hold classes & workshops.  As this was my vision from the beginning, month after month I began to feel like I was a volunteer.  This moment of shift was the most profound change that Pathways has experienced yet.  When I realized that I was just a volunteer, a load was completely lifted from my shoulders as I made the decision to have more volunteers.  So it begins, finally with the release of one load, the clarity is bringing my own passions into focus.    

As an entrepreneur first, business is my love but where do I focus so that I can create the most happiness in my life, focus my marketing to achiever abundance and help people in a way that serves both of our higher selves.  So let me introduce my passion.   I am the owner and creator of a product line called A vida é boa and the owner of Healthy Home Apothecary.  We are located at Pathways Holistic center in Fort Collins. 

So with this, I am focusing on what I love and creating a place for myself to grow, expand and most of all utilized my marketing money for something that I am passionate about.  Next step is to get a new logo & sign for the Apothecary and start to building products.  Do what you love, love what you do and make money at it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment