Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Business planning 101


This month I was faced with some strategic planning, but also I am happy to announce that Touchstone Natural Healing Corporation is now a 501c3 with a mission to provide financial support for qualified individuals to facilitate compassionate healing for mind, body and spirit.   This has been a dream of mine and it is becoming reality.  I am so lucky to have a group of qualified and compassionate holistic healers to bring this vision into reality.  Now that the paperwork is in order, what is the next step?

Well thankfully my coaching session this month started me off in just the direction that I needed to go.  That coaching session was overwhelming and so frustrating to me.  I knew exactly what I need to do and it was what I have been needing to do for a long time.  I need to get my business defined, up and running.  After the session, I was pretty depressed until someone told me that if you are feeling that frustrated, it is because you are on to something.  Good thing the coaching program is a full year, because I am going to need it.   

I had declared March as movement month for me and as most of you are aware, my life is changing and moving a lot right now.  After the session the kids and I flew to Florida to help my parents move and I had a solid 24 hours of driving back to ponder my business plan.  I realized that it is time for Pathways to pull ahead and get into business mode.  This was the only way for our non-profit to thrive as well. 

When I stepped into the office on Friday the first thing I did was hire the perfect person to help me to get there.  Not only does Daphane have experience with non-profits and Holistic Business, she also knows how to say NO and stay on track.  She will be running the front and helping me to create that structure.  

I have also teamed up with another amazing woman who shares my passion for the 
apothecary and oils as I am not about to let the love of my life linger in the balance.   I want all facets of this business to rise together, I just need more help.   One of the greatest realizations that I had over the last couple of weeks was that it is 100% true that at this moment I do not have the capacity to do it all or even give more that 20% in any direction right now and that is OK.

In addition I have personally invited 10 holistic practitioners to join Pathways in a new level of membership.  They will be the first practitioners that we will begin to build our program and menu of services around.  It is great to narrow the scope a bit while we are getting things started.  This month was a little haywire but I’m getting there. 

Now just one more thing to do this week and that is turning 40 in Las Vegas.  If I make it through March, April will be a breeze.  

No comments:

Post a Comment