Friday, January 8, 2016

Living my dream

I guess now is as good as time as any to start a new blog.  If you were following my blog Jill In Brazil in the past, I thank you.  That blog was my savior in Brazil.  I learned so many things, but mostly that I wanted to keep sharing my stories in a bigger way.  It has been almost 4 years since I returned from Brazil and that 4 years was much more difficult than I could have ever expected it to be.  This blog is a tribute to that journey where I learned to go within to find happiness and self-healing.  In this blog we will explore together the fundamentals of self-love, self-care and self-healing.    

Living my dream

Since I was young I would ask myself yearly, what is my passion?  I was always searching for passion in my work.  I thought I was overlooking it, was I doing enough?   Divine timing is difficult for me, because as a Nebraskan surely if I just work hard it should come NOW.  So the answer year after year was “I am passionate about animals and traveling” and eventually as the years passed by I added children to the list.  And I did just that, I became a traveling Vet Technician in emergency clinics and finally landed myself in Alaska for 10 years. 

After opening and closing more entrepreneurial doors I held onto my dream, that I would one day find my passion in work.  Yes, I’m that gal that never plans on retiring, I just want to love what I do and do it the rest of my life.

My love is Aromatherapy, herbs, coaching and spirit so finally I quit my home services & construction business and went back to school.  Holistic Wellness became my heart and soul. It only took me 6 months to know that I would do this the rest of my life.  One day while lying in an LED light bed, I was led by spirit to take over the lease of a wellness center.  The wonderful women who were running the space were retiring after 11 years so, I said as long as my feet would continue to go down river I would stay.  I then filled the space and here I am 1 year later, ready to implement my vision. 

If you know me personally you already know that I usually hold nothing back.  This time I have taken on a 2300 square foot building with 8 therapy rooms and 2 meeting rooms with no real business plan other than holding my vision of a community healing space and creating fabulous products.   And so, the birth of Pathways Holistic Center & Apothecary.  We offer all types of healing modalities, an amazing group of world class practitioners, classes, workshops and an Apothecary full of organic and natural products for home and health.   Check us out online: Pathways Holistic Center Website

2016 is going to be a great year.  I can feel it.  One of the greatest parts of this coming year is that I was awarded into the 12 month Abundance Cubed Coaching program.   This program is going to change my life I can feel it.  I am 1 of 5 participants from all over the U.S. who were selected.  The program is about doing what you love and making money while doing it.  This is exactly what I need in order to accomplish my vision of building a self-healing community center in Fort Collins.  Knowing that this would start in January, I spent the last part of 2015 getting systems in order and redefining my vision. If you would like to follow along with us in the program please go to Abundance Cubed Coaching Page.

I would put 2015 in the tough year category, not only did I bite off more than I could chew in acquiring Pathways, but I was in school full time, mother of 2, running a new cleaning business and had another complete change in my personal life.  2015 was more about personal transformation and growth than it was ever about business.  So here I am, ready to take off and accelerate my passions in business, self-love, self-healing and happiness.  Lets take a journey together. 

1 comment: