Saturday, May 21, 2016

A numbers game...People

One concept that I am learning about overall in business is that finding good people is a continuous feat. In the service industry we are constantly hiring and it is a numbers game.  In creating business, I have learned that this is the flow and what I am really looking for is the flow of the right people.  You can not teach people to be responsible and working with responsible people is much easier than working with someone who has been in the trade for years sometimes.  Responsibility and integrity go hand in hand.  
Being an entrepreneur is problem solving and being in the service industry is hiring & firing. Eventually if you do it long enough, you build a good team but it is always changing.  
I am learning so much about building foundations and if the foundation is strong then putting people in the mix can be much easier and not so overwhelming.  The next position I hire for is a personal assistant, someone to do my to-do lists.  They wont need to understand my business, but only to understand me.  Goal date... August. 

No comments:

Post a Comment