Friday, January 22, 2016

That good ol Entrepreneurial Spirit


About 2 years ago, I declared something out loud that I have always know inside.  “I am an entrepreneur and I will always be”.  This may not seem like a big deal to most but when you finally say it out loud all of the other possibilities finally dissolve away.  Like the idea of creating a resume again… GONE.  I am a great employee, with only one problem.  I will spin my wheels trying to figure out your business so that I can start my own.  Once I said it out loud, the game changed.  

I looked everywhere, started a business each week and as any true entrepreneur would tell you, I never give up.  I may switch tracks but giving up the idea of achieving success was not an option for me.  I have drove everyone crazy, created havoc in my relationships but the drive to succeed at something I loved encapsulated every inch of my being.


So this week I was challenged during my coaching session to discuss how as entrepreneurs we are all sailing into the unknown, how I create something out of nothing, how this makes me feel and where do I get my inspiration/confidence.  So I will do just that. 

First, when asked to talk about my business endeavors I immediately feel excited.  Glad you asked and I could shout from the rooftops.  I am actually even surprised at how I am feeling now, like a puppy waiting for his owner to walk from the car to the front door.  So is it confidence? No, it is defiantly more inspiration and the drive comes from within.  My desire to create something and bring it to form and then make money at it is grand.  Sailing into the unknown is a much a part of me as the color of my eyes.  Taking risks is what I do.  I ask myself, would I rather try and see what is on the other side or fear failure of some sort and cheat myself out of life?  Maybe my inspiration is living life to the fullest and not seeing limitations.  Confidence is conviction for me, not doing is the undoing and believing in my ability to provide service is my drive.  

This brings me to the next idea, which is my relationship to money.  Some may see my entrepreneurial spirit as money hungry or materialistic, but I assure you they are not.  It is simple for me Money = Freedom. 

I am not sure that I have an amount directly tied to how much I need, I rather say… My bills are paid without worry, I can afford to go out to eat with my family, ball games, occasional babysitters and travel.   I want to be able to afford organic and natural foods and have ready to eat goodies from Whole Foods awaiting my children after school in the refrigerator.   Oh and I could go skiing with the family a few times a year, after all we are in Colorado. 

Now the freedom part, what do I do all day?  Whatever I want and I love every minute of it.  I can’t say there is a part of my day that I do not enjoy especially since I have finally found my passion in work.  My day is talking to people, creating tinctures & oils, having lunch, organizing staff, giving or receiving bodywork and solving problems.  A wise woman “my mother” once told me that being an entrepreneur was all about solving problems.   “Ding” the light went on.  From that moment I felt a real change in how I handled the day to day especially on an emotional level. 


Now today I may sound like I really have my shit together, however I am turning 40 in March and I have plenty of experience under my belt.  The difference today is that I am doing what I love and I know what I will be doing for the next 10 years.  My dreams, my visions are becoming my reality and more importantly I deserve it.  

5 comments:

  1. My soul sister! Besides the kids and skiing part, I can totally relate to you this week. I feel like we had a similar feeling of embracing who we truly are, and in return having a little more peace throughout our day. I think that in can be common in our 'world' of lotions, potions, and trading healing work, that even though we get our healing/bodywork work done as well, as the female entrepreneur we can really get overwhelmed in our day to day. A little too common maybe, and thats the part, I think, that has held me back from embracing more. I don't want to be constantly busy. Like you, I like to do whatever I want, and for me that includes cocooning for a few days doing NOTHING! I want to be able to get things done, and then do nothing without feeling bad about it, ha. I think that I am trying to do that now, but it is just resulting into some bad daily habits. I bet we will work on that more with the happiness project stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your reply, I think a lot of our commonalities might stem from being "Aries". I like what you say about being able to do nothing. I do not sit very well unless I take a conscious sick day with the kids, I would like to learn this and go to bed earlier. See you soon!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree! Once you discard any plan Bs and have total faith in your ability to create and allow as an entrepreneur, good things come to you in abundance. I think you have to own being and entrepreneur and get past people telling you to be "normal" and get a job. To me as well, money is a source of freedom and to do good in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said. I have been hearing the "just get a job" for so long, it made me feel like I was never doing enough or doing it correctly. Lots of guilt in that, but when I finally said it aloud there was no room for guilt or more conversation about it.

      Delete